Digital Locker(digitallocker.gov.in) is one of the key initiatives under the Digital India Programme. Digital Locker is aimed at minimizing the usage of physical documents and enable sharing of e-documents across agencies.
With the help of this Portal, the sharing of the e-documents will be done through registered repositories thereby ensuring the authenticity of the documents online. Residents can also upload their own electronic documents and digitally sign them using the e-sign facility. These digitally signed documents can be shared with Government organizations or other entities.
How to Save Documents Online:
- Go to digitallocker.gov.in
- To Sign-up for the DigiLocker you need to have an Aadhaar and mobile number registered with Aadhaar.
- Type your Aadhaar number and the captcha code.
- After clicking signup button, an OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to the registered mobile number and email-id.
- Enter OTP and click on “Validate OTP” button to complete the sign up and login